Main menu
Advertisement Feature: Tenant insurance with HomeLet


jml Home Page
Disability Discrimination Act 2005 in rental property
Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) UK
Electrical Safety in Dwellings
HMO's Houses in multiple occupation
How to present your rental property
How Not to present your rental property
Advice for landlords letting their property
How Do I Let My Property
Buy to Let - UK
Buy to let - Europe
Selling your Property
Landlord Rental Info
Tenants Rental Info
Renting in Ireland
Lettings jargon
Property jargon
Building Jargon
Movers check list
Property Misdescriptions Act 1991
Property Articles
Student Rental & Student insurance
Condensation problems
Rental Property Insurance for Landlords & Tenants

Landlord - Tenant - Student Insurance

Holiday Rentals

How to market a holiday home
Letting your holiday home
Renting a holiday home? Renters Advice
Northern Ireland Insurance Services via jml insurance

Holiday Home Property Insurance

Car Rental 


Car Rental Excess Insurance

Tenant Insurance with HomeLet

For a Specialist Tenant Insurance Protection - Instant Online Quote

Working in association with jml Property, Premier HomeLet provides affordable, insurance policies designed for the specific needs of tenants.

Protect your deposit, personal possessions and contents from accidental damage.

For fully inclusive tenant's insurance, that covers:

Contents Insurance

Personal Possessions Insurance

Accidental Damage Insurance

Click Here for an instant online quotation, without the need to fill in endless forms

Please note you should not rely on the above information as part of any contract for Tenant Insurance from the insurance company. You must obtain their details from their web sites by following links below or from a brochure that you must ask the insurance company for.

HomeLet is a trading name of Barbon Insurance Group Ltd, Registered Office: 4-9 Highview, High Street, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0AX, England who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK. Their FCA Register number is 308724.


See Also: The top five tenantís contents claims - August 2010

Tenants Contents Insurance

Tenants very often overlook this. Generally a tenant who has paid the first months rent plus a deposit and administration fees in order to move into the property, insurance is the last thing on their mind. Recent studies have shown that less only 1 -20 tenants have any contents cover at all. Although a conventional home contents policy will give a basic degree of cover for most insured perils it is not specifically designed for tenants and there can be some major gaps in the cover you need. Often the minimum sum you can insure for will be far in excess of what the tenant needs, typically a minimum of £10,000 - £12,000.

Most specialist tenant policies will provide the tenant with cover starting from £2,500 upwards and will usually cover accidental damage that you may cause to the landlords fixture, fittings, buildings and contents. Should the tenant accidentally damage the carpet with a wine stain or hot iron or a work surface with a hot pan mark, these events will be covered. Usually the tenancy agreement will make the tenant legally liable for such damage, any damage found at the time of the check-out will be deducted from the deposit or security bond. If the tenant has adequate insurance these events will be covered, thereby protecting your deposit.

If a Tenant has a loss through, burglary, fire, flood or other insured peril, which has damaged their contents and have no insurance for their personal possessions they are then left with the cost of replacing the items themselves.

Any items of personal property (clothes, furniture, computers etc) a tenant takes into the property it is their responsibility to insure. Most policies will give an option for basic cover which can usually be extended to cover high risk personal items which are taken outside the home, on holiday or Worldwide i.e. Cameras, sports equipment, clothes, jewellery etc.

In certain high-risk inner city post codes there will usually be a requirement to have minimum-security locks on doors and accessible windows. Do also take into account the conditions of insurance policies, regarding keeping windows and doors secured when the Tenant is not in the property. For further information click on the appropriate insurance company names. - Homelet   Endsleigh

Remember: Homelet Tenants insurance policies are portable so if you move from one part of the country you can take it with you. Contact Homelet for conditions.

Alternative Quote



Looking for some advice on Renting? CLICK HERE


Under UK regulations JML Property Services are unable to give advice regarding insurance or assist with changes to insurance policies that you have taken out. You must contact the insurer direct.

CLICK HERE FOR Other Insurance Products & online shopping - Mobile Phones - DIY +



the low cost villa advertising service

Advertise your  Holiday Home Property - just £12.50 a year including VAT... CLICK HERE for Details




Contact Us | Privacy / Cookies Statement | Terms of Use | Site Map

Find us at | | | jml Property Services acts purely as an advertising service. We are not insurance brokers and are unable to offer advice or deal with any of our advertisers enquiries under UK regulations. All dealing must be with the insurance company that you will gain access to via a link from this website. We are unable to give advice either verbally or in writing regarding insurance or assist with changes to insurance policies that you have taken out. You must contact the insurer direct. We are therefore unable to provide any quotes ourselves as we would be breaking the law. All dealing must be with the insurance company that you will have accessed via a link from this website

jml Property Services - PO Box 80 - Princes Risborough - Buckinghamshire - HP27 0WA - England  - © 2001 - 2018 jml Property Services - All rights reserved